Monday 12 March 2018

Quorn Swapmeet


The photo shows my “stall” at Quorn Swapmeet on the Great Central Railway yesterday, my third visit there over the last couple of years. I thought originally that I might shift some books [Ha!] but now I’m trying to thin out my print and poster collection as the focal point of my interest has changed.

This is a long-established and popular event in the railwayana catalogue – effectively a car boot [or table top] sale for fans of railway memorabilia. It is held three times a year, in the car park and former goods yard at Quorn and Woodhouse station.

An early start is required to assure a less peripheral spot, as the gates open at 7.30 am and it is an hour’s drive to get there, in my case. As I have discovered, however, the early bird is not automatically assured of any worms.

As I have various pieces of paper on show, I depend on it being a dry day. If its windy, it can also be a bit tricky, in fact I’m all over the place - and so is the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment