Wednesday 14 March 2018

A Big Bap


Where are you on personalised number plates? Are they just for people with more cash than imagination who don’t know what to spend it on except showing off?

I don’t want one myself, but I have to admit to noticing them. Some members of the railway fraternity are certainly up for them. Railwayana auction car parks often contain a sprinkling of LMS, GCR and GWR reminders. I’ve also had my head turned by an EFC, or two, in my time. 

What makes me smile most, is when the carefully re-arranged digits are clearly meant to stand for something that is very significant for the driver, but which is completely baffling to everyone else.

At the traffic lights on the way into town recently, a van pulled up alongside us advertising Catherine’s Cakes, a Nottingham-based confectionery company. The plate was AB 16 BAP, which, of course, had been re-arranged to read A B16 BAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment