Friday 10 February 2023

Nuneaton [not York]

I was off to York for a few hours in Search Engine. I checked online, as Station Hall is closed for major refurbishment. Shut on Wednesdays, in fact, only open Thursday to Saturday. So, that’s the best railway library and archive in the country [and maybe the world?] and it’s shut on more days than its open? What’s that all about? The NRM is shut altogether on a Monday and a Tuesday.

At short notice, and given that it was to be a sunny [but cold] day after the mist had lifted, I opted to give my 55-300mm lens a whirl on the WCML at Nuneaton, instead. Pendolinos are impressive at speed, but the highlight for me, Class 88 No. 88010 Aurora, was on to me too quickly. That’s what happens when you eat your sandwich at the wrong moment.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment