Thursday 29 September 2016

What goes around comes around


What does that mean, actually? Does it mean that if you do something wrong it will eventually return to bite you on the bum? More positively, it had crossed my mind as being apposite because I recently discovered that the publisher of my first 3 books is no more and that probably means that any unsold copies are no more, too, and that suggests that the means to produce any more of them also no longer exists.

As they have not exactly been selling like hot cakes for the last few years, to my knowledge, does this mean that any surviving copies will suddenly become sought after again, that their second-hand value will rocket and that I am going to be pestered for a re-print, which I will obviously have to resist in the interest of the purity of the original version over the potential riches from as yet untapped new markets?

No, because I am now a blogger, with 46 blog entries completed already and 2,000 visits to my blog clocked up only yesterday. Gratification is so much more immediate this way, especially if someone makes a comment – which they don’t, or tells their friends about it [no evidence of this, happening either, to be honest].  No matter - I will continue to plough my lone furrow! I’m even going to try to be more newsworthy in future, so please don’t go away. You probably won’t hear it here first, but I won’t always be far behind and the value-added component will hopefully make it worthwhile. The photos alone will surely be worth a second or two of anyone’s time. 
 

Bigger than Blackpool's  -  New Brighton Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment