Friday 22 March 2019

Nicked



I won’t be taking my bike on the train for a bit. In fact, I won’t be taking it anywhere because it’s been nicked. I left it on a grass verge while I was litter-picking. When I returned to the spot it had disappeared. No-one had passed me on foot. A few proper cyclists in proper cyclists’ gear came past but they all had their own bikes. Someone in a van or a lorry must have stopped and picked it up.

Anyone driving along the road would also have seen me. There are no intermediate road junctions, so they would have passed me as well as my bike within, at most, a few hundred yards. I was in a high-viz vest, with a black bin liner and a picking stick. It would have been perfectly obvious who the bike belonged to. So, there you go. I appear to be between bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment