Wednesday 27 September 2017

Poldark


Cards on the table – I’m not fussed about Poldark. I don’t find it the most captivating of TV dramas. However, that is no excuse at all for almost running my grandson in his buggy into Aidan Turner, recently, on the coastal path above Porthminster beach in St Ives.

During the same week, I also thought that I had “clocked” Aidan’s co-star, Heida Reed, twice - though that one is so far being poo-pooed by my significant others.

I will admit that the section in my notes that I’m least comfortable with is the one about famous people that I have met or nearly met. I stand accused of sycophancy and, believe me, I’ve taken some stick about this one over the years.

I used to think that I was quite on the ball when it came to recognising celebrities, though I would have to admit that my tastes in entertainment have probably narrowed so much over time that I’m now likely to overlook most of those who might be described as being “popular culture.”

Instead of expecting to sniff out off-duty actors, I was probably just taking in the blue sea and bright yellow sand in the bay or weighing up lunch possibilities between the excellent Porthmeor and Porthminster beach cafes. Just possibly, my attention had been attracted by the sound of the Class 150 diesel unit that rattles back and forth all day between St Ives and St Erth.  

OK, it was almost certainly the train. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment