Monday 18 January 2021

February 1965

We only went train spotting on one day in February 1965. There were no namers on the shed at Birkenhead but I copped 42856, 47272, 92089, 48611 and 42705. It was not even a Sunday, which was very unusual for us, so it was probably half term. Luckily, my memories of those times are often less hazy than my photographs.

There were many demands on our time. Park football commitments were relentless as our individual games improved. Being with, and talking about, girls provided all the other intoxication we needed. The music scene was providing a procession of young talent, and now You’ve Lost That Lovin Feeling by The Righteous Brothers had made it to number one.

We eagerly awaited every new Beatles LP, and the near future would bring Pink Floyd’s See Emily Play, The Beach Boys Good Vibrations, prog’ rock and the rest, but before all of it, in ’65, we had the Wall of Sound and it provided me with all the mind-blowing experience that I could comfortably cope with. I hope that Phil Spector can now find the peace that so clearly eluded him throughout his lifetime.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment