Saturday 28 July 2018

Bug Carts at Arnside


For the second time in a fortnight I found myself in view of a railway line from my accommodation without really planning it that way. This time it was overlooking the viaduct next to Arnside station on the Cumbrian coast line from Carnforth to Barrow.

The only respite from bug-carts while we were there was a double-header Class 68 - in snazzy Direct Rail Service livery and on a Sellafield nuclear flask working. Suddenly catching sight of it in the corner of my eye when sitting on the bed in the second-floor room, stretching for the binocs that were just out of reach, aggravating the muscle in my upper arm that was already giving me gyp, fumbling and failing to get them in focus in time to see the numbers, I was left thinking just what sort of railway enthusiast am I? Only two locomotives seen; I missed them both and no photo to show for it, either.

And that is why this image is of a bug-cart [from Arnside Knott - just].

No comments:

Post a Comment