Saturday 16 June 2018

Fast and Loose


Do public libraries affect your digestive system? Luckily, I have never suffered much from constipation but if I did, I’d make a beeline for the nearest library. It does it for me every time. Must be all that reaching out, squatting down and stretching upwards to reach the books.

More recently, I’ve noticed that cafes without their own toilet can have a similar result. I thought they all had to have one, but not yet in every case, it seems. Sit down, order some grub, put the menu aside, look up - where’s the loo? Next thing is you are asking the stranger on the next table how far it is to the nearest facilities, because you know that your tuna melt panini is just not going to taste as good if you don’t pay a visit first.

One solution is to go to the station buffet, of course. There will certainly be a gentlemen’s lavatory. If not adjacent, it will probably be on the same platform, so no cheek-clenching stairs to climb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment