Friday 10 November 2017

GCR Gallery


I’m pretty sure that I have never had to cut the grass in November before. I submit this fragment of evidence to the global warming “debate.” The trouble is that some very influential players still seem to have their fingers in their ears.

As the nearest sizable heritage line to home, I have spent quite a lot of time at the Great Central Railway over the years, usually at their lively steam galas. These photographs were taken there in 2001 and 2002.

A wren became the fourth bird species to put in appearance on the neighbour’s new fence, this morning. He then hopped off into the ivy, which covers an adjacent wall. Unfortunately, that has just been cut off at the roots, too, so no more little goodies will be available there soon, either. I think it’s time for an additional bird feeder.






No comments:

Post a Comment